Our Chatty Families Learning Club is for families where English is not their first language, but they are trying to learn and understand it more. Below is a sample of what we do and what we learn, also please have a look at our photographs of one of our group sessions.
- We have tea, coffee and biscuits together and talk about what we did at the weekend – in English, of course!
- Pupils join our Chatty Family Learning Club for half of the session and together we try to solve crosswords, do word searches or sometimes different festivals activities – learning together and playing games is a great way for parents and children to learn together whilst having fun.
- We celebrate together pupils’ birthdays or special days in their lives.
- The parents take part in the Rosetta Stone Computer Program.
We learn together how to…
- talk to a doctor
- tell the time
- order food in a restaurant
- ask simple questions at a shop
- understand the English grammar
- introduce ourselves
- understand and appreciate different cultures
Within the group there is also the opportunity to receive help when filling in any forms or writing an official letter.
It is a great way to share knowledge!