Belong, Motivate, Succeed
Birchensale Middle School lies at the heart of the community. Our caring family values ensure the best possible environment for every pupil to realise their full potential
The vision of our school is embodied in the words “Belong, Motivate, Succeed”. We believe in the value of every child who enters our doors. We strive to ensure that everyone feels they belong in our school community; happy, valued and respected. We lay the foundations of a love of learning that will motivate children, giving them a clear sense of purpose, resilience and enthusiasm for the rest of their lives. We recognise that every Birchensale pupil deserves the best and we aim to help them succeed by reaching their potential in every area of school life – academic, social, personal, physical and spiritual. We do this by ensuring that each child has access to an inclusive curriculum, which allows individuals the scope to explore their talents, stretches the most able and supports them when needed.
Our high expectations mean we are continually striving to improve and improve as we approach the challenges of the learning journey together.
We will ensure that every pupil achieves their full potential by:
- Creating a community spirit, with parents, pupils and staff working together
- Providing a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum
- Encouraging curiosity and enthusiasm
- Promoting independence, confidence and resilience; removing barriers to learning
- Striving for excellence; setting high expectations
- Building self-esteem and respect for others
- Ensuring our pupils are equipped to meet the challenges of the future
… in an environment that values achievement rather than highlighting failure.