Belong, Motivate, Succeed
Every student leaves Birchensale with the skills, motivation and personal qualities to enable lifelong success.
The vision of our school is embodied in the words “Belong, Motivate, Succeed”. We believe in the value of every child who enters our doors. We strive to ensure that everyone feels they belong in our school community; happy, valued and respected. We lay the foundations of a love of learning that will motivate children, giving them a clear sense of purpose, resilience and enthusiasm for the rest of their lives. We recognise that every Birchensale pupil deserves the best and we aim to help them succeed by reaching their potential in every area of school life – academic, social, personal, physical and spiritual. We do this by ensuring that each child has access to an inclusive curriculum, which allows individuals the scope to explore their talents, stretches the most able and supports them when needed.
Our high expectations mean we are continually striving to improve and as we approach the challenges of the learning journey together.
Birchensale Middle School lies at the heart of the community. Our caring family values ensure the best possible environment for every pupil to realise their full potential
- Staff, pupils and parents work together to create a community spirit.
- In our caring, supporting family environment pupils develop confidence and resilience.
- We are relentlessly positive about our school, ourselves and those around us.
- We value respect, politeness and honesty, at all times.
- Pupils are motivated by a broad, balanced and inclusive curriculum, that recognises fun and enjoyment at the heart of learning and development.
- We encourage curiosity and enthusiasm through a wide offer of experiences.
- Our positivity about our school, ourselves and those around us builds our self-esteem.
- We set high expectations and strive for excellence.
- Success is every pupil achieving their full potential, no one gets left behind.
- We act as role models and achieve excellent results as we know what works.
- The value we place in open, honest communication enables our pupils to form successful relationships with everyone they meet.
- Our pupils leave Birchensale equipped to meet the challenges of the future.