HEAD of YEAR
Salary: Main scale/UPS dependent upon experience plus TLR
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Closing date: 29th March 2021 Noon
Interview date: w/c 19th April 2021
Start date: September 2021
The vision of our school is embodied in the words “Belong, Motivate, Succeed”. We believe in the value of every child who enters our doors. We are looking for a new Head of Year to join our highly successful, committed and hard-working team and ensure that every student leaves Birchensale with the skills, motivation and personal qualities to enable lifelong success.
The successful candidate will:
- Have innovative and effective leadership skills
- Be a highly effective communicator to all stakeholders
- Evidence a high level of pastoral care, removing barriers to learning and ensuring all pupils belong, are motivated and succeed
- Have a proven track record of excellent behaviour management and a commitment to achieving high standards
- Be an outstanding practitioner, capable of teaching across our full age and ability range delivering high quality, creative lessons and extra-curricular activities
- Demonstrate understanding of the middle school philosophy, preparing our children for learning and working productively in high school and the workplace
As the successful applicant you can expect an excellent working environment, great facilities and resources, CPD support, successful teamwork, a supportive management structure and job satisfaction.
Our website www.birchensale.worcs.sch.uk will show you the sense of pride and commitment that exists with the children, the staff and the governors at this school.
You are actively encouraged to visit us and see for yourself prior to submitting your application. For further information or to submit an application, please contact Mrs. Pauline Begley, Business Manager. 01527 68430 email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Posted: 15th March 2021