Teacher of English Vacancy
Salary: Main scale (ECTs welcomed)
Contract term: Fixed Term: 1st January to 31st August l Contract type: Full Time
Closing date: 19/11/21 12:00 p.m.
Interview date: w/c 22/11/21 l Start date: January 2022
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic and energetic Teacher, who makes learning fun. We are looking for a teacher who is passionate about inspiring our students and equipping them with the powerful knowledge and understanding they need to succeed. The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of highly committed teachers, on a mission to develop confident, curious and resilient learners. This post would suit either an ECT (Training will be supported) or a more experienced teacher looking for a new opportunity, currently teaching KS2 or KS3. Our curriculum teaching requirements can be flexible around the right candidate, but an ability to teach English would be our first priority.
So, what are we looking for?
- We require a teacher who can confidently teach English but is adaptable to teach another subject too if required.
- The candidate should be an outstanding classroom practitioner, have enthusiasm for their subject and be willing to teach across our full age, ability, and curriculum.
- You must demonstrate a passion for the subject through the delivery of high quality and creative lessons.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to try out and experiment with new curriculum ideas is vital.
- Successful applicants will be committed to teamwork and extra-curricular activities.
This vacancy has arisen mid-year due to the promotion of an existing member of staff. At the end of the current academic year there is a likelihood that a permanent position will become available subject to timetabling requirements.
If you are successful you can expect an excellent working environment, good facilities and resources, CPD support, good teamwork, a very supportive management structure and job satisfaction!
Have a look at our website www.birchensale.worcs.sch.uk so you can feel of the sense of pride and commitment that exists with the children, the staff and the governors.
Should you require any further information, please contact Miss Laura Ridgewell, Curriculum Lead, by phone 01527 68430 or email email@example.com. You are actively encouraged to visit us and see for yourself our wonderful and friendly school, prior to submitting your application.
Completed application forms should be sent to Pauline Begley, our Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.