Pupils have been working hard throughout their English and Maths sessions to prepare them for their SATs this year. They have learnt the key skills to equip them for these tests and have learnt strategies to support themselves during this busy period.
Staff will be working alongside pupils to ensure that they are ready for their SATs, and it is important that we all work collaboratively to ease our pupils anxieties and support them as best as we can.
Here are 5 top tips to support your child at home during SATs week:
- Ensure your child has a good night’s sleep.
- Relax before bedtime to gain a good night’s sleep – reduce screen time right up to bedtime.
- Have a SATs ‘rewards week’ breakfast/dinner to let them choose what they would like for breakfast or dinner.
- Reduce sibling conflicts/ provide support for one another instead: In the eternal battle of sibling vs sibling, it can be difficult to ensure that both are on the same page for anything. However, during SATs week, try to ensure that any siblings your child may have been supportive as opposed to disruptive.
- Arriving to school with lots of time to spare. Rushing = stress
More Information About SATs including a timetable for the assessment week.
Please click on the links below for more information and resources on each subject.