Welcome to Year 6! My name is Miss Evans and I am the Head of Year 6. So, what is Year 6 all about? Throughout the school, we will be working to promote a sense of belonging whilst motivating pupils to believe in themselves and succeed.
Year 6 is a very important year educationally, but also a year full of new and exciting challenges that we are sure your child will enjoy. We have worked closely with Year 5 teachers to ensure continuity and progression.
In Year 6 we:
- love it when pupils engage, have fun and become even more independent and resilient learners!
- want to ensure that every pupil continues to make progress in their learning at whatever level that might be.
- will prepare pupils for their KS2 SATs in May, whilst still delivering a broad and balanced curriculum.
- want our pupils to be aware that everybody will find different things challenging at times and want them to be supportive and offer encouragement to their peers if necessary.
- have high expectations of all our children and expect them to arrive at school on time, ready for lessons and with homework completed.
- expect Year 6 to be good role models to others, especially the Year 5, pupils when around school.
There are lots of trips and out of the classroom experiences that we are planning to run, such as visiting the Black Country Living Museum and Bromsgrove Police and Fire Station.
All the Year 6 staff are thoroughly looking forward to the year ahead. We have a lot of hard work to do, but also lots of fun to be had and memories to be made!
Virtual Meet the Teacher 2020
The Year Six Team
Year Six Teacher